Located just up the trail from Hemlock Falls, Black Rock Falls is a waterfall fed by natural springs located within the South Mountain Reservation.
This structure was built around 1926 and is located across from the Train Station and was the first dedicated center in South Orange for the Fire Department which had been based at Village Hall previous to the 1920s. The Fire House has since been…
Located within the Orange Mountains in the Watchung Mountain Range. This monument dates back to the 18th century and stands on the present site of the St. Cloud Presbyterian Church in West Orange.
Designed by the architectural firm of Rossiter & Wright of New York City, this structure is listed on both the New Jersey and National Registers of Historical Places as of 1976. The building was constructed in 1895 and was home to Village…
A site on the South Mountain Reservation
Built in 1889, this locale was originally established as the South Orange Field Club and featured a number of clubrooms, recreation space, craft shop and kitchens. By 1929, this building evolved into a Community Center that features various…
Built in 1910, this structure served as the long time home of Seton Hall Preparatory School on campus before the school moved to West Orange in 1985. It is now home to the ROTC, Freshman Studies, and classroom space.
Take a Tour
13 Locations ~ Curated by Sheridan Sayles
This site is powered by Omeka + Curatescape, a humanities-centered web and mobile framework available for both Android and iOS devices. Details coming soon.Read more About Us