Built to administer to the Italian Catholic immigrants who settled in Orange during the 19th and 20th centuries. The original chapel was built in 1897, but five years later a larger structure was erected which served the faithful until 1933 when…

Located at the corner of Main and Day Streets, the Music Hall is a red brick structure constructed in 1880. Included various theatrical productions, motion pictures, and other artistic events.

Built in 1880. Originally located at the corner of Montrose and Berkely Avenues in South Orange until 1916. Site used for various U.S. National Tennis events throughout the late 19th century to the 1970s. Presently located in the “Hillside”…

Around 1893, trolley lines ran across South Orange and this was a key station in this system that connected the Village via station stops such as this one on Montrose Avenue.

Located off of Mead Street in South Orange. Used mainly for baseball, soccer, tennis, swimming, and a duck pond along with other nature pursuits. Part of the Flood Estate during the 1850s.

Built in the early 1900’s, McQuaid Hall was built in the Colonial Revival Style. The original use for the building was an infirmary, staffed by dedicated members of the Sisters of Charity from nearby Convent Station. The Sisters of Charity were…

The second formal library building in the Village originally known as The Connett Library located on Scotland Road and Taylor Place. This center was dedicated in 1896 and served as an information center until 1968 when a new South Orange Public…

Both school districts were merged and consolidated in 1867. The building previously served as the Fielding School and currently houses the school administrative offices. The present administrative center is located on Academy Street in Maplewood.

The original entrance to Seton Hall was the McNulty Memorial Gateway, which you can see in the color rendering. In 1988, the Farinella Gate, located at the intersection of South Orange Avenue and Centre Street was opened to keep up with the flow…

Most widely utilized during the 19th century and early 20th during the time when horse transport was more prevalent that automotive travel. Located on Ridgewood Road in South Orange.