This structure was built around 1926 and is located across from the Train Station and was the first dedicated center in South Orange for the Fire Department which had been based at Village Hall previous to the 1920s. The Fire House has since been…

Designed by the architectural firm of Rossiter & Wright of New York City, this structure is listed on both the New Jersey and National Registers of Historical Places as of 1976. The building was constructed in 1895 and was home to Village…

Built in 1889, this locale was originally established as the South Orange Field Club and featured a number of clubrooms, recreation space, craft shop and kitchens. By 1929, this building evolved into a Community Center that features various…

Founded in 1848, the sanctuary annex was added in 1902. Another Methodist Church was located in the Vailsburg section of Newark and merged with the South Orange congregation in 1973.

This mast is located on the intersection of South Orange and Irvington Avenues. It is dedicated to those lost during World War I of which six were from the Village. Cast in bronze and mounted in granite this site was dedicated in 1924.

Planned and constructed between 1933-37. This site served as home to the South Orange branch of the United States Postal Service. This site is located on Vose Avenue and is still in operation to this day.

This is a forested reserve and recreational park developed during the 19th century that is currently administered by the Essex County Department of Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Affairs.

Constructed in 1857 and presently located on Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard in Newark. Originally constructed to administer to the German-speaking immigrant Catholic population of Essex County. Included on the National Register of Historic…

Walsh Gymnasium, constructed in the Brutalist style, opened in 1940. The design and concrete construction rely on form following function. Seating up to 2,600 people, this building was named for Archbishop Thomas J. Walsh. During most of the…

Constructed in 1898, Marshall Hall was the first dedicated library on campus, housing approximately 18,000 volumes. This building as well as Presidents and Stafford Halls were the original three buildings on campus when the college moved from…