Constructed in 1898, Marshall Hall was the first dedicated library on campus, housing approximately 18,000 volumes. This building as well as Presidents and Stafford Halls were the original three buildings on campus when the college moved from…

A panoramic shot of Seton Hall's campus c. 1935. It shows what is currently Bayley Hall and the Chapel, as well as what is now Presidents Hall and Marshall Hall.

Presidents Hall, known as the Main Building after 1927, was completed in 1867 and served as the original home of the Immaculate Conception Seminary. In 1866, President Bayley commissioned a large stained-glass depiction of Saint Elizabeth Ann…

Opened in 1955, McLaughlin Library was the second library building on campus and was an example of Mid-Century Modernist architecture. The building’s appearance, with its symmetry and clean lines made McLaughlin Library stand out in contrast to…

Built in the early 1900’s, McQuaid Hall was built in the Colonial Revival Style. The original use for the building was an infirmary, staffed by dedicated members of the Sisters of Charity from nearby Convent Station. The Sisters of Charity were…

The original entrance to Seton Hall was the McNulty Memorial Gateway, which you can see in the color rendering. In 1988, the Farinella Gate, located at the intersection of South Orange Avenue and Centre Street was opened to keep up with the flow…