Boland Hall

Dublin Core

Title

Boland Hall

Subject

Seton Hall University
Twentieth-Century
Twenty-First Century
South Orange, NJ

Curatescape Story Item Type Metadata

Story

Boland Hall was opened in 1952 as Bishop’s Hall. This residence complex was named after Archbishop Thomas Boland, who was the Archbishop of Newark at the time. Boland Hall is now the largest freshman residence. Boland Hall is divided into two halves: Boland North and Boland South. It is home to the Pirate’s Cellar, which is the largest lounge in a residence hall on campus.

In February 2021 it was announced that Boland Hall will undergo renovations. The building is planned to receive a glass-enclosed lobby addition as well as updates to lighting, furniture, and dorm rooms.

Related Resources

Delozier, Alan. Seton Hall University: An Introduction to History and Traditions, 1856-Present. Seton Hall University, 2019. Ebook. https://library.shu.edu/University_History
“Our History.” Seton Hall University. Accessed April 26, 2021. https://www.shu.edu/history.cfm
“University Day Historical Walking Tour of Seton Hall University Facts.” South Orange Historical Preservation Society. Archived from the original on May 26, 2008. Accessed April 28, 2021. https://web.archive.org/web/20080526031618/http://www.sohps.org/seton_hall_history%20walking_tour.htm

Files

New addition to Boland Hall
Boland Hall in fall
Frontal view of exterior of Boland Hall and surrounding area
Addition to Boland Hall

Reference

Boland Hall

Geolocation

Transcribe This Item

  1. New addition to Boland Hall
  2. Boland Hall in fall
  3. Frontal view of exterior of Boland Hall and surrounding area
  4. Addition to Boland Hall