The foundation of what is now Stafford Hall was constructed during the 1860s. It was known as “The College Building” or “The Main Building” for a number of years, housing administrative offices, classrooms, and dormitory rooms. During this same period, the University housed a garden and dairy farm, which produced food for students. This Main Building reflected the rural character of the school at the time. In March of 1886, a fire mostly destroyed this Main College Building.
The building was last updated in 2014 by KSS Architects to replace the old structure with a three-story structure that reflects the style of Presidents Hall. The priests garden is still a feature of this area and is located adjacent to this building.