This structure was built around 1926 and is located across from the Train Station and was the first dedicated center in South Orange for the Fire Department which had been based at Village Hall previous to the 1920s. The Fire House has since been…

Located within the Orange Mountains in the Watchung Mountain Range. This monument dates back to the 18th century and stands on the present site of the St. Cloud Presbyterian Church in West Orange.

Designed by the architectural firm of Rossiter & Wright of New York City, this structure is listed on both the New Jersey and National Registers of Historical Places as of 1976. The building was constructed in 1895 and was home to Village…

Before the land parcels were purchased to make the reservation, it was used for a variety of industrial needs by the surrounding communities. Not only was the waters of the Rahway River harnessed for local mills but trees were cut down to provide…

Built in 1889, this locale was originally established as the South Orange Field Club and featured a number of clubrooms, recreation space, craft shop and kitchens. By 1929, this building evolved into a Community Center that features various…

Hemlock Falls is accessible from a variety of different trails with varying distances. You can reach it via the Lenape (yellow), Rahway (white) and River trail loop which totals just under six miles. This route has rugged, rocky terrain in some…

Located on Central Avenue in Newark proper, this care center was founded in 1857 by the Franciscan Sisters of the Poor.

This is one of the main roads that run through the Village of South Orange. In looking at the postcard, this view shows Village Hall on the Left and the South Orange-Vailsburg Methodist Church in the foreground.

Founded in 1848, the sanctuary annex was added in 1902. Another Methodist Church was located in the Vailsburg section of Newark and merged with the South Orange congregation in 1973.